Linux Systems Administrator
Competitive Salary & Package
Hybrid Working (City of London)
Travelfusion is the world's leading travel technology and distribution company powering the majority of low-cost flights booked globally via the most popular online travel agents. If you’ve ever booked a low-cost flight via an online travel agent (OTA) it was probably powered by Travelfusion. We facilitate billions of searches daily and our systems team play a key role in ensuring that our systems are constantly evolving and dynamic.
Travelfusion offers a set of APIs/services which enhance the capability of communications between airlines and OTAs; in addition we have developed inhouse a range of payments services which manage payments and reconciliations for millions of airline tickets. These are powered by our asynchronous event-driven high performance application framework, handling well over a billion transactions and processing over 20 terabytes of data per day, running on our dual redundant data centres, colocated and self-built, running our proprietary application on an open-source software stack. We are a rapidly growing profitable business with 150 employees based in London, Shanghai and Thessaloniki.
- As part of the Systems team help monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Help to install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Manage, prioritise, solve and escalate fixes
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks
- Help with security, backup and redundancy strategies
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level support to internal users
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Java applications
- Some knowledge of MySQL / Percona database servers, installation, configuration, optimisation as well as redundancy strategies
- Redis caching/database
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux based environments (Primarily Debian based)
- Experience with monitoring systems (Nagios Preferred)
- Experience with automation software (Puppet and Foreman)
- Solid bash scripting experience
- Solid networking skills
- Team player, strong communication and client facing skills
- Ability to provide out of hours cover on rotation when required
Please send CV and covering email to email@example.com to submit your application for the Systems Administrator role.
For further information about our specific roles please contact me Karin Parnaby, Recruitment Partner at firstname.lastname@example.org